Thursday, September 30, 2010

Skywatch Friday = Lots of Rain Along Atlantic Seaboard

Skywatch Friday = Lots of Rain Along The Atlantic Seaboard
Lots of Grey Skies and Rain Coming Down in Haymarket, VA

I checked the rain gauge and at 4:00 P.M. we had close to 3 1/2 inches since yesterday evening. Update: Friday morning our rain count has reached 5 1/4 inches.
Everything is getting wet and puddles are popping up in my flowerbeds.
In contrast to the first three pics look at these last two pics. I took these yesterday morning whileit was still dry. I could just begin to see a little color on the trees.
Less than a month from now my backyard will be sporting lots of yellow, orange and red color.

Final Thought For This Post: This is the first time I have been able to post on Skywatch Friday since we experienced the lost of our daughter Jeanine's fiance, Bryan Rearick. Bryan died at the young age of 35 of a massive heart attack on August 24. We all miss him so much.

For those of you that knew of this family tragedy and sent us your condolences thank you so much. It is comforting to know that you are keeping Jeanine and Bryan's parents in your thoughts and prayers.

Skywatch Friday is here:

8 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Here in MI we had two days rain, thankfully the sun is out and the weather is just so right. Happy weekend!

Sylvia K said...

I just learned of Bryan's death and my heart goes out to you, to his family and to Jeanine! Such a tragedy! He was so young! You will all be in my thoughts and prayers!

Sylvia

eileeninmd said...

It is raining here in Maryland. The rain gauge is a great idea, I am not sure how much we got. But it was a lot. I am so sorry for your daughter's loss. My hoguhts and prayers are with all of yoru family.

SandyCarlson said...

I am so sorry about your family's loss of this young man. So very sad. My heart is with you. God bless.

Jan n Jer said...

Finally the rain is going away from here!!! We need it though so I am glad it was here! I think our area got a little over 3inches. So sorry to read of your loss, such a sad time! Keep the faith!

DeniseinVA said...

Bryan's passing was much a terrible loss. You've all been very much in my thoughts Joann.
An English Girl Rambles

Anonymous said...

I saw your rain on television. I wished some of it would come this far West but it skipped us altogether and went up the coast. Maybe we will get some rain. Sooner than later.

Thanks for the visit.

Wanda said...

Joan, I'm so saddened to hear of your daughter's personal tragedy, and how horrible this is for all of you. I will email you later today... I have big shoulders.
Love and Hugs
Wanda