Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Transitions

Transitions
This is the time of year when we transition from summer living to autumn living. The light lavender blooms on my lirope grass have changed already from deep purple and will continue to change till as late October and Halloween nears they will be deep black.
*
For the past three weeks school children have left vacation behind and headed back to the classrooms. So have millions of college students. Even our little Jack Aidan is heading to preschool twice a week these days.
*
The weather has changed too. Here in Virginia we have left the 90 degree temps behind and have wonderful temps in the low 80s and with low humidity! Yeah! And yesterday I awoke to see my first real deep foggy fall morning in Haymarket. It was so foggy that I couldn't see the mountains to the west from my second floor window.
*
But what else besides the above events and of course, fall football is telling me that fall is fast approaching around September 21? Why, you know it. It is the wrap up this week of summer TV shows and the inauguration of the new season of fall TV shows. Yesterday I watched on Oprah the launch of her 25'th and final season. Wow, she knows how to surprise and delight her audience. Oprah is picking up the tab for her most loyal viewers to go with her to Australia for eight days. (Jack commented that I should have been a more faithful viewer. LOL!) Tomorrow will be the end and the beginning for me and reality TV. Big Brother has its finale and Survivor begins a new season. I'm rooting for Hayden to win Big Brother and I think The Oldsters versus The Youngsters (30 and under) on this year's Survivor should be very interesting.
*
So here's to transitions. Take that cup of morning coffee outdoors to experience the nice fall morning sunshine and to look for the hummingbirds circling the feeders and the butterflies feeding on the butterfly bush. Remember that another transition is approaching soon---the flight of the hummingbirds and the butterflies to warmer climates as our days get cooler.

1 comment:

Joe Todd said...

I have a butterfly bush trying to take over my garden. Such problems these days LOL