Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Spring Flowers In Autumn

Spring Flowers In Autumn
Clematis In Bloom
I have several clematis vines in my yard. They started blooming this year in May. After the first spring bloom they continued to produce a few blooms and this will continue till a strong frost shuts down all production. All that my clematis vines need are water and sun. I've learned this the hard way. I've killed too many of these vines by fertilizing them with MiracleGro. Just leave them alone and let God look after them.
By the way, speaking of frost I have to admit that we have been so cold this past week that we did another autumn 180 reverse. We turned off the air conditioning and turned on the heat. The furnace is only running at night when the temps drop along with the setting sun. And hopefully the weather in a day or two will be back up in the mid '70s.


No comments: