Friday, April 23, 2010

These Flowers For Patricia Bey

These Flowers For Patricia Bey
Agnes Peltier Dapore of Russia, Ohio was my Godmother and Patricia Bey was her adopted daughter. I was sorry to learn this week that Patricia Bey, the widow of Paul Bey, passed away at
the age of 82. Patricia Bey was in the same high school class as my older deceased brother Paul Gariety. Two things I want to share with you.
First, our family always received many gifts of honey from the Bey family since Paul Bey was a bee man. Second, Paul and Pat Bey's oldest son Basil Bey was my first childhood playmate since he lived with Raymond and Agnes Dapore just down the road from our farm.
This was the era of Cowboys and Indians and Basil and I played lots of western scenes in our dairy barn and on our the farm and at Raymond and Agnes's farm where the many white beehives stood in the woods. Much later Basil was killed in an auto accident when he was about twenty years old. So Pat Bey experienced tragedy in her life. I just want to extend my condolences to her three remaining children and her grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Rest in peace, Pat Bey.

No comments: