Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Raining In Haymarket, VA

It's Raining in Haymarket, VA
We had rain overnight and we have rain this morning. We are also under a severe thunderstorm watch like Georgia had yesterday where the storm spawn some bad tornadoes. Hopefully nothing serious will take place here today. See the rain drops on the windowpanes of my breakfast room. I noticed a cardinal feeding at the feeders. There was also a cute little Carolina chickadee feeding too but it flew away when I went to grab my camera. What to do on this rainy day? Maybe just sit on the couch and read a good book and think about watching Survivor tonight on TV.
Here's the cardinal feeding at one of the feeders. I still have a few red roses on this knockout rose bush. These knockoutroses bloom non stop from late April to late November here in Virginia. Stay dry today if it is raining in your neck of the woods.

1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed your photos this morning Joann. We're having a lot of rain aren't we? I didn't hear about the thunderstorms though. I'm supposed to be meeting up with friends for lunch today and I haven't heard if anyone is backing out yet. I will have to wait and see as the morning progresses. Right now curling up on the couch with a good book sounds good to me :)