Friday, July 30, 2010

Collected Menu - Cincinnati, Ohio

Collected Menu - Cincinnati, Ohio
Some time back in the 1980's Jack and I were visiting my relatives in Ohio and my sister Mary Ellen Gariety Thobe suggested that we drive from Tipp City down to Cincinnati to eat at a restaurant that had singing waiters and waitresses who were music majors from the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music. So we did and we had a great time.
***
Cincinnati, Ohio is another Ohio city known for its German heritage so we had lots of good German food that reminded Jack and I of when we used to live in Germany. By the way Cincinnati is also known as porkopolis because of all the pigs that used to be brought to market for butchering in the city.

I had some of the singing waiters and waitresses sign my menu. I wonder if these students made a career of singing. I also wonder if the Forest View Gardens Restaurant is still in existence. If it is, then I would recommend it for a delightful evening.

No comments: