Monday, January 24, 2011

How Is Your January Diet Going?

How Is Your January Diet Going?
I hope everyone has found the will power this January to make some healthy changes to their eating habits and have lost some extra pounds. Look at this photo. This is what just one pound of fat looks like. If you have lost five pounds, picture five of these fatty globs off your body. If you have lost ten pounds, picture a heavy sack of these globs of fat off your body.

Just looking at this fat glob that I photographed at the local cancer center last year keeps me trudging onward. That and the fact that extra weight on the body can cause those cancer cells to grow. Years ago I didn't know that fact. I just thought extra body weight was bad for your heart. But now I know that extra weight can lead to many cancers like esophageal cancer, pancreatic cancer, etc.

Post Note: It is so very cold here in Virginia and we might finally get more than a dusting of snow Tuesday or Wednesday. Everyone stay bundled up. I'm living in my heaviest sweat shirts and sweaters these days.

No comments: