Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chemo Update

Chemo Update
I have had three chemo sessions this week of the drug Vidaza. I go today and Friday and then go back on Monday and Tuesday. Then I will be finished with chemo for this month. I must note that I can't wait to see what they bill our insurance for this drug Vidaza. All I know is that it is so expensive that the cancer center call each morning to see if I am able to come in for my scheduled appointment around 10:30 before they call the courier to deliver the drug to the center for my treatment. Apparently if I would not show up for treatment after the drug was delivered it would not retain its potency and the center would be out a lot of money. I wonder how much? I do know that the last time I did chemo each Neulasta shot cost $8000. Makes you wonder what is in these chemo drugs. I feel like I'm being infused with liquid gold!

No comments: