Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Remembering Some Yogi Berra Quotes

On Summer Passing Us By
Yogi: "It ain't over till it's over".
Joann: "We still have three weeks of summer left."
On Political Conventions This Year
Yogi: "It's like deja vu, all over again."
Joann: "Same talk, same analysis, same protests."
On Media Coverage of Conventions
Yogi: "It was impossible to get a conversation going,
everybody was talking too much."
Joann: "How long can you listen to them?"
November 4, 2008 Election Day
Yogi: "It's pretty far, but it doesn't seem like it."
Joann: "Michaels has Halloween decor, so the election must be near."
Political Persuasions
Yogi: "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is."
Joann: "Emotions trump reasoning."
Who Will You Vote For?
Yogi: "I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question.
Joann: "My answer is don't ask, don't tell."
On Political Speeches
Yogi: " Half the lies they tell me aren't true."
Joann: "Half the statements said are twisted."
Each Party's Presidential Candidate
Yogi: "He hits from both sides of the plate. He is amphibious."
Joann: "He really expresses himself. What did he just say? "
Politics and the Economy
Yogi: "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
Joann: "A ten dollar bill ain't worth a dime anymore."
Exercising Your Right to Vote
Yogi: "If people don't want to come out to the ballpark,
nobody's gonna stop 'em."
Joann: "If people don't want to come out to the polling booth,
nobody's gonna stop 'em."
Ralph Nader and Ron Paul and Other Also Rans
Yogi: "Slump? I ain't in no slump....I just ain't hitting."
Joann: "Slump? I ain't in no slump...I just ain't winning."
Winning in 2008
Yogi: "You wouldn't have won, if we had beaten you."
Joann: "Can't top this, so I will say it too. You wouldn't have won, if we had beaten you."

5 comments:

Pappy said...

Say hey Jay and Jay. Clever. I love Yogi quotes. Your applications were very apropos. Just one more to sum up our choices. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Pappy

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Joann: What a fun post, Yogi really had little idea what he was saying. He said what he wanted with no regard as to how foolish it sounded. You almost made sense with yours, remember I said almost.

Wanda said...

Oh what fun.....don't you just love Yogi!!!!


:)

Anonymous said...

An amazing read. I enjoyed myself with a stupid grin across my face.

See my Alien

The Birdlady said...

That was fun...