Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Good Italian Food Far Away From Us

Good Italian Food Far Away From Us
This past August Jack and I took a roadtrip by car to New York, Canada and Vermont. The first day on the road we spent the night near Pulaski, New York and ate dinner at a fantastic family style Italian restaurant. I'm very sorry that I don't remember the name of the restaurant. You could tell that the owners were very, very proud of their Italian heritage. Look below.

Don't you just love these photos of the family's ancestors in Sicily?
I love old black and white photos like these.

Here's a map in Italian of Sicily.
Here is the restaurant's signature appetizer.

These were freshly baked bread balls that you dipped in olive oil, butter and spices.

Oh my! So delicious but so bad for you!

No comments: