Monday, May 23, 2011

Did You Watch The Preakness?

Did You Watch The Preakness?
Since I just got out of the hospital on Thursday from complications of my leukemia I should have said no when Jack volunteered to find the ingredients and make us Black Eyed Susans to drink while we watched the horse race on TV. Shhhhhh! Don't let my doctors at the Cancer Center at Lake Manassas hear about this.

P.S. I'll post the traditional recipe after I go eat breakfast.

Black Eyed Susan

Over a blend of pineapple juice and orange juice in a glass add equal parts of :
Vodka
Mt Gay Rum from Barbados
Cointreau which is an orange liqueur from Angiers, France
Finish with a slice of lime or orange on the glass rim.

My opinion of this drink. I would prefer a mint julep! But if making it, go very lightly on the booze and let the taste of pineapple and orange juice dominate this drink. It is a strong drink for he-men.

No comments: