Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"My Christmas List of Blessings"


My Christmas List of Blessings

Written by Vicki J. Kuyper





My Christmas List is more

than just a way to keep track of

The special people God has brought

into my life to love.


It's like a treasured scrapbook

filled with pleasant memories

Of all the times God's answered prayer

through friends and family.


Every name's a touchstone

that leads to a place and time,

Where God has used another's heart

to reach out and touch mine.


It may have happened years ago

or even yesterday,

But every person on my list

has changed my life some way.


through simple conversation,

a warm hug or a shared meal,

Every person on my list

has helped me grow or heal,


Or laugh or love or learn or smile...

the blessings never end

As God allows our paths to cross

as family and friends.


So please know that this greeting

is more than a Christmas wish.

It's a "thank you" card to God

for putting on my list

Each and every one whose name

I've come to hold so dear...


Those who've shown me Christmas joy

each day of the year.





The above poem was in the Christmas card we received from Mr. Tom McKinney this year. It expresses my sentiments succinctly. I would like to add that some blog conversations through comments left on my blog have been an added treasure this year. These unseen folks have shared their thoughts with me and have given me joy.

No comments: