Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What is a Pangram?


A pangram is a phrase, sentence or verse composed of all the letters of the alphabet. Example below are taken from Mark Dunn's novel in letters called ELLA MINNOW PEA:


The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.


A quick move by the enemy will jeopardize six fine gun boats.


John Prady, give me a black walnut box of quite small size.


Six big devils from Japan quickly forgot how to waltz.


My girl wove six dozen plaid jackets before she quit.


Zelda quickly wove eight nubby flax jumpers.


Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs?


Back in my quaint garden, jaunty zinnias vie with flaunting phlox.


Questions:

#1 Could you make up a pangram?

#2 Which pangram above is the best? (I'll give the answer to question #2 tomorrow.)

1 comment:

jeanine said...

I vote for the first one.