Monday, October 19, 2009

Collected Menu - Frankfurt am Main, Germany 1971

I taught and lived in Frankfurt am Main, Germany for four years. On the weekends I loved to go shopping in downtown Frankfurt am Main. I would go by subway. There was a stop on the subway right below this Cafe Haupt Wache. After I had finished my shopping I would enjoy going to this restaurnt for a wonderful German meal before heading back to my BOQ near the 97'th General Army Hospital. This restaurant was in a building that was 400 years old. To build the metro station underneath it they tore the building down after numbering each and every piece of it. After the subway was built they rebuilt this 400 year old building and it became a wonderful restaurant. I would love to go back to Germany and see if it is still in existance after 35 years.

1 comment:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Joann: That is a neat menu. We are going to there in the spring along wit Italy and Austria.