Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Family Celebration

Jack, Jeanine and I drove to the planned city of Reston, VA and met up with Jennifer, Terry and Baby Jack at Clydes Restaurant. This restaurant has three sections, each decorated in a different style: airplanes, sailing ships and horses. We were seated in the horsey section so Baby Jack was fascinated by this huge black horse above his head. The reasons for the June family celebration: two birthdays (Jennifer and Joann) and Father's Day. Our waiter was a Bulgarian young man here for two years on a work visa. He was very helpful and volunteered to record the event by taking a group photo with our camera. Jack Aidan didn't dance on the table like he did for Jeanine's birthday celebration in March but he did cruise the restaurant once or twice on Grandpa's shoulders. The family is beginning to learn that putting the two Jacks together at a social event is just asking for Trouble with a capital T.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog Brookville Daily Photo this morning. I hope you enjoyed my post today showing the honey bee and the hollyhock flower.

I saw a special last night about the disappearance of honey bees and it is sad to think that most of the fruit, nuts and vegetables we eat would disappear with them. So governments are busy trying to find the culprit before it is too late and one huge problem is the use of insecticides.

They have had to import African bees in an effort to continue getting some fruit crops but that don't last long. In China, a community has had to pollinate their pear blossoms by hand. Takes the whole community a long time to pollinate every blossom on just one pear tree.

Anyway, I wanted you to know I was here to repay your visit and comment with one of my own. Kind of like "Kilroy" was here... remember those drawings everyone used to make?

I enjoyed reading your blog post for today and I thought the photography was good too of the family get together.

Patty said...

Looks like a lovely family get-to-gether.

Wanda said...

I truly enjoy seeing family gatherings..... we are so loving being close to our family now.

Great pictures of a little doll!