Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We Are Pooped!


For the last two days we old retired folks have been putting in eight hour days at our daughter Jenn's home. We are redoing the kitchen cupboards. Monday they got sanded. Today they got two coats of primer paint. Tomorrow they get two? coats of paint. Thursday we finish what hasn't gotten done and Friday we install the new hardware. Saturday I'm taking a work break. I feel like I'm on one of those decorator shows on HGTV. But I haven't seen one HGTV show that has a crawling baby and a cat under foot while a project is being done. Baby Jack Aidan seems to be taking it all in stride. He is just very curious as to what we are doing in his house. Mr. Merlin the Cat got put away in an upstairs bedroom to keep his little paws out of the paint. Our daughter Jennifer is the program manager of this operation. First comes the painting. Then the new counter tops and sink will be installed by a kitchen supply company. Then the floor people arrive to install new hardwood flooring. So you guessed it. The program manager not only has a three step program but deadlines for each step. So we need to get to bed at a decent hour to hit the road again tomorrow. So much for listening to McCain, Clinton and Obama tonight. Oh, and VA is under a tornado warning tonight! So hold on to your bedcaps, it may turn into a dark and stormy night.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh I feel for you ~~ Don and I worked for a few hours in our yard today, and realized how quickly we get "pooped" ~~~ at least when you're retired we could sit down with a glass of ice tea and kick off our shoes.

How sweet to help Jenn in her home.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

J&J: why at times do I think you retired paople are working harder then us who are working.
Joan: Funny comment today on the slugs.

Patty said...

I don't envy you the job you and hubby are working on. Abe and I laid flooring down in our family room/dining/kitchen area. And if it hadn't been for our one daughter, I don't think we would have gotten the kitchen all done. We did this a couple of years ago, and I was having trouble even then getting down on my knees, so I bent over and laid the pieces, and Abe was sitting and he would come along and tap them into the grooves tight. The first day after we did this, I could hardly walk and when I would go to sit down, I would let out a small scream. But the old, tired, worn muscles that I didn't even realize I had, finally got better. But I was certainloy sore for about a week. So it's good you're not doing the flooring. LOL

Just Roaming The Cities said...

oh my goodness that sounds exhausting...