Sunday, February 28, 2010

Books Read During The Snowy Winter

While we were knee deep in snow this winter I stayed warm inside my house and read lots and lots of books. Below is a list of some of the books I really enjoyed reading. I seem to have chosen many novels and memoirs connected to Eastern Europe and the Middle East and India.



The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova



A Persian Requiem, by Simin Daneshvar



The 42'nd Parallel, by John Dos Passos



The Year of Reading Proust, by Phyllis Rose



The Master Butchers Singing Club, by Louise Erdrich



The Dowry Bride, by Shobhan Bantwal


The Twelve Little Cakes, Memoir of a Praque Childhood, by Dominika Dery



Do you want to learn more about any of these books. Well then, go to my other blog which is

PiedmontReaders. Click here: http://piedmontreaders.blogspot.com/

No comments: