Monday, April 21, 2008

Honeymoon in Paris

I had promised last week to tell you where Jack and I went on our honeymoon in April of 1974. Well, we went to my favorite city in all the world: Paris! I forgot to post the photo because I got busy putzing around in my flower beds on account of the scrumptious weather. We now are having torrential rain storms. I also heard that two tornadoes touched down in Northern Virginia. Luckily we didn't have any wind damage. However today our bird feeders on a pole blew over in the rain.

Can anything be better than April in Paris? Not unless it is April in Paris on your honeymoon. We flew Lufthansa Airlines and were feted with lots of French champagne compliments of the flight attendants. We stayed at the Hotel Bellman on Rue Francois #37 where I was greeted in my room by a beautiful bouquet of long stem red roses. Jack is such a romantic! In this photo we are on top of the Arc of Triumph checking out all the avenues that radiate out from the traffic circle of the Arc of Triumph. I remember Jack saying that you had to have guts to drive in Paris. In the background is the Eiffel Tower and yes, we did go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower too. Besides that we enjoyed a cruise on the Seine River and a trip to the Louvre. And of course, we had to go to the Moulin Rouge and we had to eat and eat all that great French food. We have not been back to Paris since our honeymoon. Maybe someday we will go for a second honeymoon in Paris!


2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

J&J: Great photo and a wonderful story. This is a fun time to remember the day.

Jill said...

Jack and Joann -- We 'eloped' and were married in 1975 in Winchester VA! The top of the Arc looks far more precarious without the current fence around the perimeter. What a great photo and memory!