Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend




This is Memorial Day Weekend. The weekend to remember our past and present fighting men and women. That Spokane Armed Forces Lilac Parade was so patriotic. It brought tears to my eyes. And the parade was top notch. As good as the Tucson Rodeo Parade or the Washington D.C. Cherry Blossom Parade. This is some of what I remember:

Air Force jogging down the parade route. Marines riding in a truck and pulling a howitzer. The National Guard with a sign that said: drivers needed. Coast Guard marching in snappy uniforms. And the red hot mommas! Yep! These mature women dressed in pink with pink flamingos on their straw hats and pink Kirby vacuum cleaners in their hands. The vacuum cleaners had pink lights to match the pom poms on their sneakers. What a hoot! I have a new goal: to become a Red Hot Momma in the Spokane Parade. Just wish these ladies could vacuum up this Iraq War.

2 comments:

jeanine said...

Hmmm... This entry was definitely written by mommy because I do not think that dad wants to be a red hot momma (or at least I hope not).

Dragons52 said...

I feel like I have been having a great vacation along with you or at least a virtual one. Can't wait to see what you do for the long weekend!
Happy Memorial Day!!
dickie