Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Botanical Play Act III Scene III










Botanical Play
Act III
Scene III
As my grandson Jack Aidan would say: "Oh-ohh! Grandma fell asleep and Act III of the Botanical Play proceeded on while she was either sleeping or goofing off in the house!"Well, my grandson Jack Aidan does notice when Grandma gets sleepy or goofy. And I did slip up a bit. Since spring I had been posting irregularly how my garden is like a botanical play in three acts with actors appearing and disappearing on stage and that sometimes even unexpected actors appeared in the play too. Like when the deer showed up and ate all my hosta actors who were just getting ready to do a purple blossom dance. And like when I had to sometimes order some actors to exit stage right after they had blossomed like the daffodils and irises. And other actors like the roses and coneflowers needed to exit stage right and be deadheaded before reappearing in another scene of the play.

Well, lo and behold, I just realized that I have been asleep backstage while Act III proceeded on without me the director directing! So here we are now long into the final act of the botanical play and I haven't been in the game so to speak. So I better get in the game now. And so here in photos is what happened since Fall arrived in late September in Act III Scene III of my botanical play. Go back to the top and roll on down to see Act III Scene III of my botanical play.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Japanese Maple looks so good. Mine froze this spring and had just leafed out and the year before it suffered through a drought.

It didn't look good this year but it is alive. I think it must be close to 30 or 40 years old now.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Joann: What a great look at your garden as it goes into Fall. We are a lot further along with a snow promise for this weekend.

Dragons52 said...

Now everyone knows the view I get to watch daily!! Wonderful shots!!!

Linda Reeder said...

You have a beautiful garden, with lots of great fall color.
I like your description as a three act play, but the frost hints of Act IV.