Saturday, November 29, 2008

Time Out For Jack and Grandma

Jack Aidan: What's a Time Out?

Grandma: It's when you quit your regular routine and do something else.

Jack Aidan: Grandma, are you taking a time out"

Grandma: Yes, Jack. Grandma has a bad, bad cold that she got from you and she has a Christmas party to plan plus Christmas presents to get and Christmas cards to mail and a house to clean and decorate and holiday baking to do so Grandma is going to take a little time out from blogging. For maybe a week or two. Ok?

Jack Aidan: Ok, Grandma. Do I need a time out too?
Grandma: Yes you do Jack Aidan. You need to help Grandma pick up all the little Christmas balls you threw on the floor on Thanksgiving Day. And you need to sweep up all your little messes in the family room too.

Jack Aidan: Oh, Grandma, it was such fun throwing those ornaments and those pumpkins all around your house.

Grandma: I know. I know!
Grandma: But right now Aunt Gigi is going to show you how to clean and sweep while Grandma goes off to bed with her cold.

Jack Aidan: You take it easy Grandma. Aunt Gigi and I will have this place cleaned and decorated for your Christmas Cookie Exchange Party. Grandma, you just go lie down and take a baby nap.
Jack Aidan: Aunt Gigi, is this how you sweep and clean?
Aunt Gigi: Yes, it is Jack.
Jack Aidan: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can sweep and clean. I hope Santa thinks that I am a good boy and will bring me some presents on December 25.
This Blog Will Be Back After Grandma Gets
Over Her Cold And Her Christmas Tasks.




5 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Joann What a darling picture story.....

Sorry you had that bad cold, hope you are better soon, and get all your Christmas things done.

I took down Fall decorations today, and started with the Christmas.

LOL:)Wanda

Linda Reeder said...

Take your time. I won't lose you.

Dragons52 said...

Great age to get Jack Jr. learning to clean up his messes! Such a cutie too!!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Joann: Beat wishes for this time out while you get your act together. That was a really cute post.

CINDY BUCKLEY said...

I'm so sorry you're not well. It really stinks when you've got plans,but the germs decide otherwise! I hope you are feeling better soon :)