Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My World Tuesday=Mardi Gras

The Mardi Gras Tree in My Living Room
Houmas House Ornament From Houmas House
Which Has to be the Most Well Decorated Plantation House
On Louisiana's River Road Plantation Trail. The building pictured on this ornament is the small building separate from the large plantation house where the French sugarcane planter's teenage sons lived and slept away from the ladies of the household.
Krewe Drinking Cup
Caught By Yours Truly
At New Orleans Mardi Gras Parade
February 2005
Brand New Carnival Beads Bought
In Jamaica January 2009
Wrapped Around Dining Table Vase.

Porcelain Mardi Gras Masks Around Vase.


Happy Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) Everyone!
Now go visit other My World blog memes by clicking here:http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Kathy W said...

Joann I have never heard of a Mardi Gras tree before but that is stunning.

Dragons52 said...

Wonderful Tree!! Happy Mardi Gras to You!!!

Susie of Arabia said...

What a great idea - a Mardi Gras tree. I guess you could have a theme tree for every month of the year!

Louise said...

I never heard of a Margi Gras tree. It's nice. I love the last photo. Very pretty.

Wanda said...

I had no idea how people celebrated Mardi Gras!!

How cool ~ the tree.


LOL:Wanda

dianasfaria.com said...

I never heard of a Mardi Gras tree! This is so cool! Thanks for sharing.

Glennis said...

Imagine, a Mardi gras tree!
But I really like the beautiful mask at the base of the vase.
I thought a Mardi gras was just a parade down the street with a bit of a party afterwards, seems I was wrong.
Enjoy the fun.

SandyCarlson said...

I had heard of Mardi Gras trees but never seen one. Thanks for sharing yours!