Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Month and A New Tree

This is a new month: February. And I have a new tree for the living room. It is a Mardi Gras tree. Mardi Gras colors are purple (justice), green (faith) and gold (power). In January of 2005 Jack and I saw both our first Mardi Gras tree and our first Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans. We were there for the Iris Krewe Parade and I have on my tree some of the Iris Krewe drinking cups and of course the beads! And no, I didn't do anything naughty to catch those beads.

If you would like to learn more about Mardi Gras click here: http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/mgcolors.html

You will learn all about the New Orleans Mardi Gras traditions as well as find a clock ticking the time down to Fat Tuesday which is the day before Lents starts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your tree but for me and us, when the Christmas tree comes down that is it until next year. LOL

my Memories
I wrote in my Memories blog about the roads of my youth and how they were to travel in the winter time.

CINDY BUCKLEY said...

I never thought about putting beads on a Christmas tree, but they are lovely!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Joann: You must love to decorate that tree.