Monday, February 2, 2009

We Cruised On Costa Fortuna

We cruised on Costa Fortuna in the Caribbean waters and enjoyed the beautiful sunrises and sunsets
as well as the beaches.
An Italian American group from Delaware arranged for their club to take this Italian cruise ship to Key West, Cozumel, Jamaica and Grand Cayman Island. The gentleman in the blue sport shirt below is the one who made all the arrangements for theItalian group. He is Mr. Ray (Frank) Cilea and he is a retired travel agent. We had met him at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware thru our good friends Jim and Joyce who live in Rehoboth Beach Neither Jack nor I have any Italian blood but we love Italian food, culture, food, music, food, singers, food, so we joined this group and they made us honorary Italians for one week.
This was our pre sailing get together at the Fort Lauderdale pier on deck nine of the Costa Fortuna.
Here Jim and Jack are comparing flights to Fort Lauderdale. Jim and Joyce flew Southwest from the Philadelphia airport while Jack and I flew JetBlue from the Dulles airport outside of Washington D. C.
This was our first dinner aboard ship. We had not even left the pier yet and we were beginning our week long food binge. What do the cruise directors always say? We allow you to walk on board as passengers at the beginning of the cruise but at the end of the cruise we need to roll you off the ship as heavy cargo. So true!
We got to see things below the water too. No, that is not my Jack scuba diving.
Here is the remains of an old ship that met its end in the Caribbean Sea.

Here is yours truly dressed in a toga and having fun with one of the Italian fellas from Rehoboth Beach gang. I had to have my photo taken with Joe because he was most authentic Roman in a toga in our group.

2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Joann: Looks like a fun time. Oh my; a toga party. Did you bring your own sheet?

Jack and Joann said...

No, I didn't bring my own sheet on board the ship, Fishing Guy. I didn't even know that this was a planned event for the last evening aboard the ship. So I had to improvise.

Daughter Jennifer asked me today what I was wearing under my toga. I had on underwear plus a pashima wrapped about my top half and a skort around my bottom half with the sheet wrapped and tied over all of the above mentioned items. I don't know what Joe had under his toga. You will have to ask his wife about that. I just thought he was so brave to dress without an undershirt. So here's a salute to Joe!