Thursday, January 1, 2009

I Have A Mardi Gras or Carnival Tree

I took all the Christmas ornaments off the tree in my living room and replaced them with decorations for carnival time leading up to mardi gras. I got the idea several years ago when on a cross country trip we stopped at the visitors center at Louisiana state line.

We saw the most beautiful tree decorated with the carnival/mardi gras colors of purple, green and gold. Almost this whole month of February will be carnival/mardi gras time.

Go to this link to learn about mardi gras and the symbolism of the purple, green and gold colors. http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/mgcolors.html

If you clicked on the link you learned that my carnival tree stands for justice, faith and power. By the way those krewe silver cups and all those beads on the tree I caught while attending the Iris Krewe Parade in New Orleans. And no, I didn't do anything naughty to get them.

No comments: