Monday, August 25, 2008

Final Olympic Chatter

The Olympic closing ceremony was spectacular but more laid back and informal then the opening ceremony. It reminded me a little bit of a Circus Soliel performance with people dangling by wires and flying up and down on wires. I liked the hand off to London for 2012 with Michael Phelps standing in London historic district. And it looks like Phelps will try to pick up more gold medals in 2012. Well, good for him. In the meantime he can hang out in the million dollar high rise condo he bought at Fells Point in Baltimore.

Now couch potatoes, are you ready to move on to a couple of weeks of political convention watching. I'll probably watch both conventions but I'll not comment on them on this blog. I figure we all will get more convention info than we want or need from the various TV networks.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

We will be watching both conventions, but I won't post unless I post a humorous post I did some time ago, making fun of both parties.

Your elephant and donkey are excellent symbols of the election.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

J&J: I really enjoyed the Olympic show. Cool statues for the election time.