Friday, August 29, 2008

Sarah Palin's Home/Alaska Governor's Mansion

When we took our Holland American Cruise to Alaska in May of 2007 we toured Juneau, the state capitol, and walked around the Governor's mansion. At the time we didn't know who was the current governor of Alaska but what sticks in my mind is what we saw standing in the backyard: a small metal children's swing set. That's when it dawned on us that the Alaska governor must be rather young to have a swing set in the backyard. I guess we were right. She is a young mother with five children. I'm sure we will learn a lot more about her in days to come. If I remember correctly, the swing set was behind that side portico and tall tree. Below is another photo of the mansion that shows a tall totem pole by the side of the house. I thought the totem pole was a neat touch.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

How interesting, since I have been watching Sarah Palin speak, and now to see her home was cool.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Joann: What interesting timing on your post. I would like an Alaskan trip.

Jack and Joann said...

Fishing Guy, you would enjoy a cruise to Alaska. We did.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jack & Joann
I love Unchained Melody by Kenny G on your site and would be pleased if you would keep it up there for a while as I can't find it anywhere else or even a CD of his with this melody on it. Thanks so much