Saturday, August 2, 2008

Turner School in Willowdale Circa 1909

Click on photo to enlarge picture.

Photo of children attending the Turner School in Willowdale, Ohio. It was a one room school with just one teacher. This photo was probably taken when both my mother and father were in the lower grades. Probably around 1909 or 1910. My parents are in the front row. Mother has her hair parted in the middle and she has on a white pinafore. My father is the second boy from the far right and he has on a dark jacket.

3 comments:

June said...

This KILLS me! You hjave inspired me again. I'll be putting up some more of mine. Wow! I was contacted a while ago by a distant cousin because I had labeled a photo I had put on Flickr with our great-grandmother's complete name, and this woman had Googled it. Way cool! Isn't it fun to think others, whose parents didn't have archives could find images of their ancestors.

Jack and Joann said...

Thanks June! Don't all the little girls in the front row look sweet. Two of them look like a pair of twins. And the little boys in that first row including my father look like they are full of vigor and vim.

Wanda said...

OK, after looking at all your pictures, I got to get out in the garage and find my truck and some of my old ones.


Interesting dress code! ((smile))