Friday, August 8, 2008

Now You See Him, Now You Don't



This little guy moves fast and my camera moves slow, so I'm surprised that I even got these photos of a little hummingbird at one of my feeders. You will need to click on the photos to really see anything here. The last photo----he's gone---to the backside of the yellow feeder. He moved to the backside because a bee was bothering him. You can see the little bee at the red plastic blossom.
Final comment: if you look to the right and click on the Label Hummingbirds and go to the August 15, 2007 blog post, you can read what I wrote about the four hummingbirds who frequented the feeders last summer. Last year the hummingbirds were so unique that I gave them each a name: Hummer, Humms, Helter Skelter and Hip Hop. The two I have this summer are so alike that I can't tell them apart, so no name yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have two here but never saw them flash their red throat patch yet so they might be females. LOL

Wanda said...

I'm so glad we can click on pictures and get the full scene.

Cute little guy.... I keep saying I'm going to get a hummingbird feeder...Maybe tomorrow.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

J&J: This was a nice post with the hummingbird, I understand what you mean about moving fast. Dragonflies only co-operate when they sit still.
Thanks for your book comment, sounds like a good idea.