Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympic Chatter III

Michael Phelps now has six gold medals from these Olympics. Wow! I don't want to jinx his winning spell so I'm not saying any more about Michael.

But did you read that now someone has documented proof that those Chinese girls were not 16? I think this situation is a black mark on China's hosting of the games. So is substituting a prettier girl to lip sinc to the singing of the supposedly not as attractive little girl who had the great voice. I thought she was a sweet little girl. What's wrong with diversity. Anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just read in Breitbart there was another fake moment at the opening ceremony. The 57 children who carried in the Chinese flag and were suppose to represent all 57 ethnic groups of China were actually children of one ethnic group--the majority Han group. And the fact that those giant fireworks footprints leading the way in the night sky on opening night were fake too. That's four fakes for these Olympics. Hmmmmmm....maybe I'll start calling this the Fake Olympics of 2008.

Now while I seem to be on a little rant here let me say I also noticed in the opening ceremony that not one drummer was a female. They had exactly 2008 drummers drumming away but not one was a female. Which makes me ask the question does it always have to be the little drummer boy? And did you notice that Saudi Arabia didn't have one female in its nation's parade of athletes? I read in the Washington Post that women in Saudi Arabia are not allowed to do any sports. In this day and age how strange is that.

2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

J&J: It is wonderful that you are putting down your thoughts on the games. I feel the same way you do.

June said...

I have GOT to agree!! June